PART 1-My Boring Life
My life is like a tree, it grows and sits there until the day it dies or until it gets chopped down by some idiot who doesn’t want the tree there anymore. Yep that’s defiantly my life…growing and doing normal, everyday stuff. But I guess you can say that my life is a bit more exciting than a trees’ life cause day and night twenty-four-seven-three-hundred and sixty-five days a year all it’s doing is sitting there and I’m at least moving around doing things, but you get what I’m trying to say…my life is BORING!
I’m Sarah Klocker, I’m a 17 year old individual that grew up an only child in Salt lake city, Utah. And like I said before…my life ain’t too exciting. I mean, I never go to friends houses, friends, (once in a blue moon) come over here, I don’t go to parties, (mainly cause I’m not invited to any) I don’t go anywhere exciting, and if we do go anywhere it’s to my grandparents house in Maryland. I don’t have a MySpace or Face Book account, (cause my mom thinks it’s “unsafe”) I do have an e-mail but not many of my friends use/have an e-mail account, and the only reason I can check my e-mail is because I just recently received a lab top, so I can do anything I want on the internet without someone breathing down my neck. I’m really not allowed to go anywhere with friends cause of (mainly my mom) won’t allow it happen cause she wants to be able to “trust that I do the right thing.” What I do, do with my time: check my e-mail, go to school, read books, write songs/poems, listen to my music and if there’s something really good on, on the weekend watch T.V. So yeah, that’s what I do mainly with my life.
Monday morning came finally around, ( the weekends are extremely boring, since we go nowhere but Wal-mart, and that’s getting to be a bit boring.) Any way I got up shut off the annoyance they call an alarm and got dressed. I went into my parents’ room and made their coffee and took out the 3 small dogs. I waited for a while then let the dogs in and went back to my room to check my e-mail…I had 1 new message:
Hey Sarah, just wanted 2 say hey and c if u were up yet e-mail back if ya get the chance.
Hey Trevor, yeah I’m up (barely) thanks for lookin’ out 4 me…c u at skool…
I clicked sent and signed out. When Yahoo came up I exited out and opened up Microsoft word and began to write stuff that was on my mind…when I looked at the clock I went down stairs to wake my sister up so she could get her kids ready for school. When I got back up stairs I continued to write ‘til it was time for me to go.
By the time it was 7:00a.m. I had written 3 poems and 1 song. I gathered my things and went to say good-bye to my mom and dad. I got my lunch and walked down to my bus, popped in my ear buds and turned my music as loud as it would go.
Normally my bus comes around 7:10a.m. so when I saw the flashing of yellow lights up ahead I turned the volume down and watched the bus roll to a stop in front of me. The doors swung open and I got on. Sitting in my regular seat in the very back I scooted towards the window and looked out of it. When we got to school it was about 7:17 so I turned off my Mp3 player, put it on hold and stuck it in my pocket. We got off and I walked my normal route to my English class. By the time I was in view of the class one of my friends were already there waiting for me.
“Hey Jacob, how are you?” “Better than nothing.” We hugged and I set my stuff in the class room and went back out in the hall. “So how was your weekend?” “Good I wrote some more songs so I have over 50 songs now.” “Really, so do I!” “You write songs too?” “Yeah, ever since Jared wrote me that song it inspired me to write.” “That’s cool.” We stood there for a moment then I saw my boyfriend Jared walking down the hall. I ran up to him and strangled him in a hug. “Hey, how are you?!” “I’ll be better if I wasn’t being choked.” We laughed and I let go, he put his arm around my waist. “Hey man, how ya been?” Jared asked making a fist and put it against Jacobs. “Not much you?” “Really nothing, just been on my computer fiddling around.” “Jacob you got to get to class, you’re goin’ to be late.” I interrupted. “Okay I’ll see you too later.” He gave us both a hug and went down the hall to his class. Jared and I went to our own and sat in our seats. The announcements came on and we said the pledge. When we sat for the moment of silence Jared took my hand in his. When the silence was over Mrs. Williams went around handing out our vocab. list for the next part we were reading in our play.
“Who didn’t get a vocabulary sheet?” she asked, a couple kids raised their hand then we filled it out together. When we were done we assigned parts for A raisin in the sun began to read.
When we were done reading the act 2 scene 1 we answered the questioned and watched the part we just read. By the time we did all that the bell rang for second block.
‘This was going to be my day,’ I thought to myself as I walked side by side with Jared. ‘Just as boring as my life.’
PART 2-Stranger in the woods
I was seriously right about my day…it was boring…so boring that I actually fell asleep in third block! Well at least the week was over…wait…grrrrrrrrr…the weekend is here, no that so totally sucks! That means I have to go two more miserably days without my friends and boyfriend!
Yeah, I have my moments at times…that was just me in my own little realization world. The week flew by fast, MAN it was just like yesterday that I was coming back to school from spring break…I think…sorry babbling on about non-sense. Anyway when I got home I said hi to my parents and went up the stairs to my room…got on the computer well kinda, I really just turned it on. I watched a little television then went back to my computer to check my e-mail. I had one new message but it was from one of my Shelfari friends…I read it through replied and went back to watching t.v.
I guess I can kinda be happy, I mean I’m actually going somewhere Saturday. It’s actually a b-day party but it’s for a ten year old…she’s like my little sister and if the weather’s nice I can go, that is…if my mom lets me go…
I got bored with the t.v. (just like with everything else) and checked my e-mail (again), it was from my friend Luke. That e-mail just made me even more depressed with my life…he gets to go to the movies…but I will admit I did go twice…once with my best friend to see the third harry potter, and I saved up like thirty bucks to go see the fifth one for me and my parents to go…(yes I know I’m a dork, and to prove it even more I read all the books and even own them all.)
“Sarah!” my dad called me interrupting my thoughts…I minimized the screen and went to go see what he wanted… “Sarah, I want you to pick up the front and back yard, then I want you to mow the front yard, I’ll mow the back.” “Okay, let me get my Mp3 player.” I took the stairs two at a time grabbed my ear buds and music device and went back down stairs and out the door.
Linkin’ Park was blaring in my ear but it wasn’t really loud enough for me, anyway I picked up the front and back yard and as I bent down to pick up a large stick I saw a movement in the small woods by our house. “Hello?” In the back of my mind I knew that was stupid because for all I know, it could have been a serial killer. So my stupid self ignored the little voice inside my head and called out again… “Hello?” This time a bit louder…but nothing moved…it was probably just an animal of some sort…I continued to pick up and I saw it again, this time I actually saw a figure standing in the dark part where I couldn’t see…but I defiantly saw a human figure standing there. “Hey! Get outta here, you’re on private property!” I yelled but the figure didn’t move. Instead of getting my dad my stupid self (again) went towards the figure. “NO!” I stopped dead in my tracks. That voice…I knew that voice from somewhere, but I had no idea where I heard it from. It was a males’ voice but a little deep like an older teenager 17 or 18. I looked and the figure was still there. “Don’t come any closer.” “And why should I listen to you?” the figure was silent but it was like I hurt his feeling or something…no that was impossible, I didn’t even know the dude. I took another step and the figure dashed, he ran full speed away from me. I stopped and looked in the way he ran. Why was I so greatly affected by him and how in the world did I recognize his voice?! I shook off the feeling and went to get the lawn mower. I checked the gas and oil and started to mow…
That night I went to bed and then I saw the figure in the woods and heard his voice, I replayed the scene that day over and over again ‘til I couldn't keep my eyes open…I drifted off to sleep.
PART 3-The Dream
It was one of those days where the sun was blindingly bright. I was standing in a field full of wild flowers. I started walking but I wasn’t sure where I walked and walked ‘til I saw a door. I walked up to it and before I could put my hand on the handle the door opened. I stepped in and the field disappeared. I was in a room, more like a one room apartment. There was a small, little kitchen and in (I think the living room area) there was a couch and t.v. in front of it. There was a bed in the far corner. I walked over to it, and then I noticed it there was a person lying in the bed. The head was covered I reached my hand out and pulled back the cover…my face must of went pale white, I couldn’t scream I was too scared to…there lying in the bed was me…I was lying there blood covered my face and my eyes were as wide as an owls’. I staggered back and grasped the couch for support then I saw him, the figure in the woods, there was a gleam and in his hand held a small switch blade. He advanced forward towards me blade held high I covered my face and screamed.
I shoot straight up falling out of my bed and hitting the floor hard. Sweat covered my body and I felt tear stains on my face.
“Why?” I looked at the clock, 11:42p.m. I got up and I noticed I was shaking all over. I moved towards my bathroom and ran a cup full of water and gulped it down. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and looked at myself in the mirror. “Wow.” I walked out and went back to my room. I lied back down and tried to close my eyes but the image of the blade and the supposedly me kept my eyes wide open.
PART 4-Party
I didn’t sleep that who night since I woke up screaming. I was dead tired and I could fall out any minute but I forced myself to dress in my swim suit and shorts and tank top. I slipped on a pair of sandals and went down stairs. I grabbed a mini strawberry bagel and wolfed it down then I went back up stairs brushed my teeth, hair and grab Olivia’s gift and went to say good-bye to my parents.
“I’ll see you went I get back.” Hugging my mom and walking over to my dad I kissed his cheek and waved good-bye. I went outside and grabbed my bike and rode the short distance to the lake. By the time I got there not many people were there…I mean I could see why, the sky told it all… “I’m going to rain all over you!” but a little rain won’t hurt no one. I mean there’s a dock with a roof to cover us ‘til it stopped. Anyway I got off my bike and looked around and then… “Sarah! You came!” I was being attacked by my sister Olivia. Well she’s really not my sister but we are really close so I call her my best friend and my adopted sister. I hugged her back and smiled for the first time all day. “Hey there birthday girl.” We walked together to her table. There were two tables covered with food gifts and other party accessories. I sat my gift with the rest of the gifts and took off my tank top along with my sandals and followed her to the end of the dock where we were allowed to jump off. “Hey push me in so I don’t chicken out.” “I love it when you say I can do that!” she put her hands on my back and gave her strongest shove. I squealed and landed in the, what seemed like, icy cold water. I surfaced and smiled Olivia smiled back and jumped in the rest of the girls were in the water and we swam a little bit then her mom called us in to have cake and ice cream. We all got out and rapped ourselves in towels and crowded around the birthday girl to sing “Happy Birthday.” When we were down her mom cut the cake and scooped everyone a bit of ice cream. We sat down enjoying the food, smiling, laughing and talking. I looked over to the woods and I froze. The dark figure from the woods at my house was there, just standing there. I looked at his hands, nothing there that gleamed. I got up and excused myself. I ran towards the woods. When I knew I was out of ear shot of the party I began to whisper to the figure…
“Why are you following me?” “I’ve always been following you, ever since I could drive my own car.” “That doesn’t answer my…wait since you were sixteen you’ve been following me…?” I said a little confused. “Yes, and I have good reason too, that I can’t tell you at this moment in time.” “What, you’re like so confusing me.” “Good, that’s the way it should stay ‘til you’re ready.” And with that he ran off at full speed again. “Wait, ready for what?” but he was gone. I walked back to the party in a daze. Did I really just experience that conversation with him, the dark figure? I sat down and every girl that was sitting by me was staring at me. “Hey, I just had to use the bathroom.” I smiled and every started to crack up. We started back up with the laughing and giggling. When everyone was down it was time for her to open her gifts. She opened every one with a surprised look and I swear she said she loved everything she got.
Parents started to arrive and I was the last to leave. I hugged Olivia and whispered in her ear, “You’re my little sister now so if ya need me just call,” And I handed her the hand-made card with my phone number in it. I gave her one last hug and gave her one last smile and turned to leave.
When I got back home it was around 5p.m. I got out of my wet cloths and changed into jeans and a black shirt. I got on my computer and checked my e-mail. I had 3 new messages.
Hey Sarah where R U? e-mail me back will ya. Trevor.
Hi there, just wanted to see what you were up to…
And the third was from my Shelfari friend. I e-mailed them all quickly back and shut off my computer. I flung myself onto my bed and closed my eyes. The conversation with the dark figure replayed in my mind and I fell into a dreamless sleep.
PART 5-The Poem
I opened my eyes lazily and looked at the digital clock on my desk. 7:01a.m. Great Sunday was here, which meant Laundry day was also here. I got up and started to gather my cloths before anyone else could get to the washer. I headed down stairs and I stuffed my cloths in. When I got done I went up stairs and checked my e-mail. Zero messages. Good I don’t feel like typing a reply to nothing. I couldn’t stand the growling in my stomach any longer, I went downstairs and grabbed me a bowl of honey nut cheerios and a mini strawberry bagel. I sat at the counter and began to eat.
Thinking of nothing in particular I finished my cereal and went up stairs eating my bagel. I was way too tired to keep my eyes open to I finished up my bagel and went back to bed.
I rarely have a dream and if I do, it’s just random things that mean nothing, like the dream I just had I couldn’t even open my eyes in the dream, but when I woke up I opened my eyes. Weird huh…anyway I got up again to someone calling my name; I ignored them and just lied there. I seriously wish today would end so I could go back to school. I got up and went over to my computer, checked my e-mail (again.) Zero messages. Huh, that’s strange, Trevor always e-mails me around this time…oh well, guess he went somewhere or something. I signed out and just sat there. What was I going to do to pass time…I went over to my book bag and got out my red note book and the pencil I stole from my boyfriends back pack last semester. I went over to my bed lied on my stomach and began to write.
Well I’m not sure how long I was there writing but I had a pretty decent song going on and a few fairly well written poems. I re-read them and froze. Here’s one of the poems I had just written:
Night fell over the earth,
Like a blanket.
The starts were bright in the sky,
Like there were winking at you.
The moon…oh that beautiful moon,
Hanging so high in the sky.
But the silence over comes me,
And I hear a creeping in the woods.
The sound…so familiar…
It draws my body to it.
Looking in the dark mysterious woods,
I see the figure of a dark male.
Tall and held in his hand was a blade,
Oh how it gleamed in the moonlight.
Held high in the night,
I sense danger.
But I don’t want to run away,
I want to see his face.
I want to hear his so familiar voice again,
Then before I know it,
His blade is in my chest.
The blood flows from my heart,
Onto the earths’ floor.
I crumble to my knees,
And in the moonlight I see the face of an angel.
I stared horrified at what I had just written, was it an omen, was what I just wrote a warning of the dark figure I have been talking to. I don’t know but I made up my mind, no one was going to find out about the dark figure and no was going to see this poem I had written.
I folded it up and locked it away in a box I no longer had a use for ‘til now. I couldn’t get the words out of my head, running through my brain, they were there and they were stuck. But the funny part of this is, well not funny but strange, I didn’t even image the dark figures face, so how did I know if it was a face of an angels? I don’t know but all this is so totally freaking me out.
PART 6-Kidnapped
My alarm went off and I just lied there ‘til I couldn’t stand the racket anymore. I got up and shut it off. I went down stairs and got my cloths out of the dryer and went back up the steps to my room. Half asleep I found a pair of my favorite blue jeans and a black shirt. I heard a knock at the door as I was brushing my hair.
“Yeah!” “Hey, don’t forget to fix your moms’ coffee and take out the dogs.” I opened the door to answer him. “Okay, have a nice day.” I kissed my dads’ cheek and gave him a hug. “You too.” He hugged me back and went downstairs and out the door. I finished brushing my hair and went to my parents’ room; I opened the door and went in. My mom was at the computer. I walked over and gave her a hug. “Morning mom.” “Morning sweetheart.” I made her coffee then called the dogs to go out.
By the time I was done with all that it was 6a.m. I went downstairs and looked in the freezer; I got out the French toast sticks (cinnamon) and picked out five. I put the rest away and put mine in the microwave for a minute. I got myself some orange juice and sat at the counter.
I was extremely hunger, so I wolfed down my breakfast and drank my juice in one gulp. I went back up stairs and turned on my computer, typed in my password and waited for it to boot up.
I waited a little long then it was ready for me to use. I clicked on the internet button and went to my e-mail. Zero messages. It’s too early to be on the computer sending e-mails anyway. So I exited out and went to AnimeCrazy.net and watched the second episode of Eureka 7.
I was half way through the episode when I looked at my digital clock, 6:40. Holy crap I was supposed to wake Terri up ten minutes ago! I paused what I was watching and half ran down the steps.
“Terri, are you awake?” I walked in a shook her a little. “I’ve been awake.” Sounding so not convincing, her voice was barely above a whisper and her eyes were closed. I shrugged my shoulders and walked out. I went back up stairs and watched the rest of my episode.
It only had about ten to fifteen minutes left so when it was done I looked at the clock, again, (I always have to know what time it is) anyway, it was 6:44. Man! I didn’t have enough time to watch another episode, so I turned off my computer and went to finish getting ready.
7 came around and I grabbed my Victoria’s Secret jacket and went in my parents’ room again to say good-bye. I kissed her cheek and walked out. I popped in my ear buds, zipped up my jacket, put on my hood, grabbed my back pack, and went down the steps.
As I was heading out the door I couldn’t help but feel this nagging feeling that I should check to see if Terri woke up or not. I sighed and took out my ear buds and went to check. Sure enough she was still lying there sleeping.
“Terri, I thought you were awake, it’s 7 o’clock now.” I said as I shook her awake. She got up instantly and started to get her boys up. I left the room and went down to my bus stop.
As I was going I popped back in my ear buds and turned the volume up as loud as they would go. (Which is pretty dang loud, with these ear buds at least.) It normally takes my bus ten minutes to get to my stop, but she was running late so she didn’t get her until 7:16, and we arrived at school just when the busses were letting out.
I got off and waited for my friend, Aj. She got off and was (like her crazy self) all hyped up. she still had her Ipod on and was listening to “Just dance.” I walked into the school said by to Aj and walked off to my class.
“Hey Sarah.” I looked up to see my fourth grade buddy. “Hey Logan, how are you?” “Fine.” “Hey, you didn’t e-mail me back on what movie you were seeing!” “Oh, sorry, we went to see X-Men, it was the best movie I ever saw.” “Wow.” “Hey, did ya eat any popcorn for me?” “No, we weren’t allowed to get anything since we already had loads of candy with us.” “Oh, even better.” “Well, see ya later.” “Bye Logan.” I walked the rest of the way to my class and walked in.
“Hey Mrs. Williams, I totally forgot to give you my papers for A raison in the sun can I please give them to you know?” “Yes, baby you can.” “Thanks, you’re the greatest!”
I dug out my all my papers and stapled them together.
“Here ya go.” “Go ahead and put them in the bin, otherwise I’ll just lose them, and look what I got.” She pointed at a black book sitting on her desk.
“Oh my gosh, you got it!” she smiled as I picked up the book and looked through it. I went around her desk and gave her a hug. I went to my desk and put it on top. I was about to sit down when I noticed Jacob standing at the door.
“Hey, I knew you were waiting for my!” I smiled and gave him a hug. “So did you have a nice weekend?” “Yeah, pretty much, I just wrote songs.” “That’s cool, have you seen Kyle?” “No, I haven’t seen him yet but Jared might now.” Just as we said his name I saw Jared walking down the hall. I ran up to him and he picked me up and spun me around. “Hey!” I said so filled with a sudden burst of energy. Is Kyle here?” “Yeah.” “That’s good.” Our little group hugged and then the bell was just about to ring. “You better go before you’re late.” I said to Jacob. We hugged one last time and he jogged down the hall to his class. Jared and I went into our class and took our seats. Just as we sat down the announcements came on and we all had to stand up again. We all said the pledge and sat for the moment of silence.
“Alright, everyone clear off your desk and get ready for your assessment. We did as we were told and she handed out the test.
It took about an hour at the most for everyone to finish and then we did about 25 minutes of independent reading and wrote down out reflection. (Summaries our reading) Once that was all done we watched the part of the A raison in the sun movie.
Once the bell rang everyone was already up and out. Jared and I joined Jacob and we all walked to our second block class. Jacob went his way and we went down stairs to the gym. Once we got there we kissed and then changed up.
Gym was fun we picked team and played volley ball. Third block came around and we took an all-period test that’s gonna drag on to tomorrow. Fourth block was a little better I had Kyle in that class but we didn’t sit together like we normally do. Anyway I did my typing for the day and the rest of the block watched Kyle play “Cubefield.”
The bell finally rang and I walked briskly to meet up with Jared. I found him and we laced our arms around each other, and got into a which-game-is-cooler disagreement. But the whole time we were laughing, so yeah being with him is fun. We got to my bus and waiting there was Trevor and Jacob. We all were talking then Jared grabs my side and I fall to the ground, and guess who I took with me…Jared caught himself before he could land on top of me and, he pulled me up. Laughing so hard it hurt my side I punched Jared in the arm.
“Hey it’s not my fault you’re so ticklish.” He grinned at me and I was now catching my breath. The parking lot was rapidly clearing and everyone got on their bus. Jared and I kissed but I didn’t want him to go but the lot was now empty except for the teachers. We kissed one last time and we ran to get on the bus. I got on mine and sat across from Trevor.
The whole bus ride home we were laughing and talking. Trevor is a very funny guy that, once ya get to know him, he can really make ya laugh. Anyway the bus got to my stop. “Bye Trevor.” I walked down the aisle and before I got to the steps I heard him say, “Don’t fall down the steps!” “Shut up Trevor!” I said as I got off the bus. I turned around and waved one last good-bye and then checked the mail box. Nothing. Walking up the semi-steep drive way, I took my Mp3 out of my pocket and put it in my back pack. I got to the top of the hill and stopped. I heard an all too familiar rustling in the nearby woods. I went to get closer to the woods when I saw the dark figure. He seemed closer than last time but that’s not what caught my attention, what did was the gleaming in his hand. I started to step away when his voice made me freeze in my tracks.
“No, don’t run, I need to talk to you.” “Not with that blade in your hand you’re not.” I sounded more confident than I felt which was a good thing cause there was no way in hell he would find out I had a dream with that gleaming blade in his hand, and the fact that I was terrified that the dream would become real.
“Come closer, I don’t want anyone to over hear this.” “Put the blade down first.” “Fine.” And he tossed the blade into the grass that landed at my feet. I looked down to see the exact switch blade he had in my dream. I reluctantly came closer, but something inside me was screaming to turn around a run into the safety of my house. I got to the edge of the woods and waited. He stepped forward and his hands found my forearms and he pulled me into the darkness of the woods.
Before I could scream my mouth was being covered by his huge hand and my back pack had fallen to the ground. I kicked and made an attempt to scream. But that didn’t stop him he was way to strong and he held me like a rag doll, and now I was being kid napped by the dark figure I should have been avoiding.
PART 7-Long Lost Secret Revealed
Tears were now falling from my eyes as he dragged me away from my house. I must have been too wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn’t realize he was talking to me.
“Hey, it’s okay, everything will be okay.” He kept saying over and over again. Deep inside I wanted to believe him, but my body rejected the deep feeling. I couldn’t help but to feel that a bigger feeling going on inside…I was going to get hurt.
I blinked away my blurred vision and noticed a small cabin up ahead. When we got there he was digging in his pocket for something. He pulled out a small silver key and shoved it in the lock. When he opened the door, to my surprise, was a cozy little house, like he’s been living here for awhile. He shut the door and also to my surprise put me down. As soon as he let go I fell to the floor. “Sarah!” he knelt down and picked me back up, he cradled my like a small child that just been injured and sat me on the sofa. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.
I opened my eyes and blinked away the sleepiness I felt in my eyes. When my vision was cleared I sat up and looked around. Yep I’ve been kidnapped and I’m in the dark figures cabin lying on the sofa with a quilt covering my body. I heard a noise coming from what looked like the kitchen and then he emerged from the room holding a tray, on the tray was a small cup of orange juice, a plate with what looked like a turkey and cheese sandwich.
He sat on the little coffee table in front of the sofa and handed me the tray. I sat up not taking my eyes off him and accepted the tray. I gulped down the OJ and took a bit out of the sandwich.
“Oh my gosh, how did you know I like mustard and mayo on my turkey and cheese sandwiches!” I looked down at the sandwich and opened it up, my eyes got huge, “You even got the mustard with the cheese and the mayo with the turkey!” I looked up at him with a huge grin on my face. I took another bit of the sandwich and sat it back on the plate. I chewed my food and swallowed then I looked back at him. I mean really looked at him and then it hit me like a smack in the face…he was a guy version of me!
“Omigod, you look just like me!” he nodded then finally spoke, “I was wondering when you would see the resemblance…we have a lot to talk about.” Tons of questions were going through my mind, but the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, “How could it be possible that we looked exactly alike, it’s just impossible unless we were twins or something…” I caught the look on his face when I said twin. “No, that’s…that’s impossible, how could you be my twin brother?!” he looked at the door, like he was expecting someone to bust in, then looked back at me.
“It’s true, I’m your twin brother.” I slid the tray from my lap to the end of the sofa and removed the quilt. I swung my legs over the edge and flung my arms around my long lost twin brother.
At first he was surprised and tensed up, and then he relaxed and returned the hug. I let go and looked into his eyes, hazel a mixture of blue and green, just like mine. All his facial features were exactly like mine too. I looked at his arms and they had some muscle on them. I looked back at him then into his eyes. Before I could speak he spoke first.
“Alright, I know you’re searching for the answers in my eyes, so I might as well just tell you the whole story.” I must have blushed a huge shade of red cause he smiled and gave a little laugh.
“Was it that obvious?” “Yeah, kinda.” I smiled at him and scooted over and patted the seat next to me. He moved and sat light down next to me.
“Alright, I’m all ears.” He laughed again and then quickly got a serious look on his face.
“Well, let’s start with the easy, my names Sam, I’m 17 just like you, and live here in the woods in this cabin.” I looked at him and grinned he gave me a small smile and continued.
“I ran away because I was too much to handle, we were only eight. Anyway, the reason was because…” he trailed off and looked away and rushed onto the rest.
“Because, I was so destructive, and kept hurting people around me.” He got up and shot to the door, he put his forehead against it and his hands folded over his head like he was being searched. I got up and walked slowly over to him.
“Hey, you were three, you couldn’t of been that destructive,” I whispered softly. I put my hand on his upper back and rubbed it.
“That’s where you’re wrong, I was, no matter how hard I tried I ended up hurting someone, my friends and my family and mostly you.” He looked at me and I saw he was on the verge of crying. I took him in my arms.
“Every things okay now, we found each other, it’s okay.” I kept saying it and he held me firm against him like I was going to run away or someone was going to take me away from him.
“I…I had to get away, but I didn’t want to leave you, I wanted to make sure you would be safe. As I got older it only got worse, I don’t know what it was, temper, or what, not even the therapist could figure it out. What made me run away was when we were eight, we were playing outside and we were at the park, you know that tree that that you used to climb every time mom and dad took us there?” I nodded my head and he went on.
“Well, mom and dad were at the picnic tables talking and you talked me into climbing the tree with you. We got as high as we could go and just sat there. We sat there talking then it happened, like a spasm I pushed you off your branch.” The tears had spilled over and running down his cheek.
“I knew after I done it you would be gone, that I killed you. It happened so fast you fell and I heard you scream, you hit your head hard on one of the branches and fell the rest of the way down to the ground. I couldn’t move, I…I watched mom and dad run over to you screaming for an ambulance, they didn’t even noticed I was still in the tree. I stayed there ‘til they took you away and then I got down and ran. I ran all the way home then I ran in the woods, I kept running ‘til I found this abandon cabin. Ever since that I lived here, isolating myself from everyone and everything I could hurt.” We were still hugging, when he pulled away from me and held me arm length.
“After that and I got my head straight, I promised myself that I would do nothing, but look out for you, and that’s what I’ve done. I couldn’t stand to have that last image of you, all bloody, bruised and unconscious…” I looked at him but he was looking away. I reached out and turned his face so he was looking at me.
“You had a problem, you took care of it, and it’s over and done with, you’re better now, so you can come back with me, come home…where you belong.” He looked at me but didn’t smile. We stared at each other for a long time until he spoke. He started to shake his head back and forth.
“ I can’t go back. Not now, and perhaps not ever. If I were to go back, I fear that the old me would break loose. That’s something I don’t want to risk. I refuse to run the risk of putting you in harm’s way.”
PART 8-Home
My tears started to roll down my face instantly; I didn’t want to lose my brother again. Not when we just found each other.
“Sam, listen to me, mom and dad will accept you and I know the old you will not return, as long as you control your will not to hurt anyone.”
“That’s just it, I don’t know if I can. I’ve haven’t been in contact with people for 9 years. I don’t know if I can control my actions or not…” he trailed off, on the verge of crying again. I took hold of his hand in mine.
“Sam, I believe in you, you wouldn’t hurt mom, dad, me or anyone unless you were protecting us from anyone else that might hurt us.”
“You…you believe in me?” He looked confused, but had hope in his eyes. I knew I was getting through to him. I just had to keep say the right things to get him to come home with me.
“Yes, I believe in you. I don’t want to lose you nor do I want you living out here by yourself where you could get hurt.” I knew the last part wasn’t necessary but I added it anyway.
“Sarah, I was out here for nine years, I’m haven’t got a scratch on me.” He laughed and I smiled too. “You should know I can take care of myself, we’re 17, plus I’m male so I’m stronger, I think I can last a little long out here.” “No. You. Are. Coming. Home. With. Me!” I separated the words so maybe I could get all the way through to him. “Hey, just cause you are a guy doesn’t mean you are better than women.” I said still smiling. I let go of his hand and I raised my arms to show off my muscles
“See, you’re not the only one with muscle around here.” This time I laughed.
“Whoa there I’m gonna have to put you under arrest for carrying those guns around.”
“As I may remind you Sir, the second amendment does state that we as citizens of America are legally allowed to bear arms.”
“Smarty pants, since when did you start paying attention in history class.” He said it more as a statement than a question.
“Since it started to get interesting.” I put my arms down and took a step towards my brother.
“Please, come back with me, mom and dad are probably freaking since you left that blade behind and my book bags laying in front of the woods.”
“Yeah, you’re probably right, you better get go…” I cut him off.
“Oh no, don’t think I’m leaving here without you.”
“I can’t go back.”
“Yes you can. Please I trust you and believe in you, you’ll do the right things, you’ll make the right choices, you’re truly good at the heart.” My voice broke and he gathered me in his arms.
“Sarah, you really do believe in me don’t you?”
“Yes and that’s why I want you to come back with me so you can prove to yourself that you’ve truly changed.” He let go of me and looked in my eyes. Then looked away thinking hard about what I wanted him to do.
“Okay, I’ll go back with you.” My eyes got big and I started to jump up and down like an excited like kid getting ready to have ice cream.
“OH MY GOSH, you mean it, you’ll come!”
“On one condition.”
“Anything!”
“If I start to get out of hand again, tell me or if I start to notice, I’m leaving and coming back here, got it.”
“Yes, but that won’t happen.”
“You’re really determined about me aren’t you?”
“I’m not determined, I know.” With that he put his arm around my shoulders and we left the cabin.
It took us about thirty minutes to get to our house. When we got there I picked up my bag, and Sam picked up his blade and we went to the front pouch.
“Are you ready?” I said it more to myself then to him but he answered anyway. He took and deep breath then said,
“Yeah, I’m ready.” I turned the door knob and pushed it open, with his arm still around my shoulders we stepped into the house where we once grew up together.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment